Forget about all your other holiday parties. The holiday party of all holiday parties has officially arrived! We're thrilled to be teaming up with one of the top-rated TC event hosts of 2019, Yuyo, for our very first Austin Christmakwanzakkah Party. Executive Chef/Owner Maribel Rivero, a Semi-Finalist for this year's James Beard "Best Chef" SW Award, totally blew attendees away at our first collaboration together back in March. So, when we were considering options for this year's holiday party, Yuyo was at the top of the list. In the spirit of the holidays, the format for this event series will be different than our typical event format - passed hors d'oeuvres cocktail party to start before moving into the seated portion of the party. The evening will kick off with a plethora of Chef Rivero's favorite canapés as you drink and mingle. Then, we'll take our seats for a large-format feast. Of course, we'll wrap up the night with a chef Q&A during dessert. For those of you who weren't able to attend our first event at Yuyo, you can read up on Chef Rivero's SUPER impressive background below. It speaks for itself!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A native of Bolivia, Chef Maribel Rivero honed her culinary skills in Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and Lima, Peru (where she cooked under world-class chefs Pedro Miguel Schiaffino and Virgilio Martinez). She followed her brother Carlos to Austin in 2017, and the siblings opened Yuyo together shortly thereafter. In 2019 the James Beard Foundation nominated as a semifinalist for 2019's Best Chef, Southwest Award.
Some items be served as passed canapés, some will be served family-style, and some will be individually plated.
Oyster Mushroom Ceviche
with shoyu sauce, lemon oil, yuzu, and fresno pepper
Stealhead Trout Causa
with chilled potato puree, trout ceviche, aji amarillo puree, lemon oil, lime juice, red onions, and mango pear brunois
Jalea Bao Bun
with crispy fried market fish, salsa criolla, aji limo, and encurtido aioli
grilled hearts of palm, pallares, castana, quinoa crispies, pickles red pinions, aji limo
Seasonal Vegetables & Plantain Chips
with botija aioli, aji verde sauce, rocotto sauce, and aji amarillo aioli
fava beans, tomato, choclo and queso fresco with lime vinaigrette
with lima bean puree and andean herb lemon oil
Roasted Peruvian Purple Potatoes & Papa Amarilla
with andean chimichurri
Tropical Coconut Cake
with butternut squash ice cream and pecan crumb
1900 Manor Road
Austin, TX 78722
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, adjustments will only be made for the main courses (no replacement canapes will be provided) and the chef has notified us that cilantro restrictions cannot be accommodated for this event. However, there will be SO MANY dishes served, that guests with allergies/restrictions will get to enjoy more than enough food to feel good and full! Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.