DAY 2: Christmakwanzakkah Party Series
It's that time of year again... holiday party season! And we've got you covered with the holiday party of all holiday parties with, of course, Chef Jason Marcus! At last year's Christmakwanzakkah Party, Chef Marcus put on a truly unforgettable show for us at his other restaurant, Traif. So, we thought it was only fair to give him the stage at Xixa this year. Xixa, the NY Times Critics' Pick and 2019 Michelin Bib Gourmand, is where Chef Marcus focuses his culinary genius — and obsession with foie gras — on Mexican cuisine. The format for this event series will be the same as last year: a mix of cocktail party and seated dinner. The evening will kick off with a plethora of inventive canapés as you drink and mingle. Then, we'll be moving into the seated portion of the party that will feature a confit short rib and smoked pork belly, as well as an assortment of delectable side dishes. Lastly, we'll wrap up the night with a selection of Chef Marcus's favorite desserts. For those of you that haven't attended any of our past events at Xixa, you can read up on Chef Marcus's background below. It is by no means an exaggeration to say he's a virtuoso talent in the kitchen!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Xixa and his other restaurant, Traif, Chef Marcus honed his craft working in the kitchens of Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernardin.
Some items be served as passed canapés, some will be served family-style, and some will be individually plated. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
Foie Gras al Pastor
with french toast, roasted pineapple, and achiote
Spicy Blue Crab Sopes
with sriracha aioli, nori, sesame, and sweet soy
sherry-braised onion soup with creamy and crispy vidalia onion and chipotle
Arctic Char Tostada
with snow peas, corn, puffed rice, soy, sesame
Buffalo-Style Baby Corn
with lime aioli and blue cheese
with toasted corn and various chips
Fried Brussels Sprouts Bravas
with almond-guajillo romesco
Grilled Carrots Elote
with feta, dill, and coriander
Fundido of Muenster Cheese
with green chorizo and buckwheat flour tortillas
Refried Garlic Butter Lentils
Toasted Saffron Rice Pilaf
Spicy Pineapple Salad
with peanut and toasted chile
Confit Short Rib
with green pumpkinseed mole, pickled celery, and pear-tomatillo pico
Smoked Pork Belly
with black mole bbq, curried pickled carrot, and tomato-strawberry pico
with passion fruit and mexican chocolate
Gingerbread Tres Leches Cake
with whipped cream cheese frosting
241 S 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, adjustments cannot be made to specific dishes. However, there will be SO MANY dishes served, that guests with allegies/restrictions will get to enjoy more than enough food to feel good and full! Gluten free tortillas will be available to those of you with gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.