Day 2: 5-Course Globally Inspired Tasting Series
Opened just this past September, this Hollywood District eatery (which offers diners the best kind of comfort food) was the winner of Eater PDX’s “Best New Restaurant” Award. Owner/Chef Louis Lin, the child of Taiwanese immigrants, was born and raised in suburban LA. After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, he earned his stripes cooking with legendary chef Nancy Silverton at her Osteria Mozza and with James Beard Award-winning Chef Aaron Silverman at his restaurants Rose’s Luxury, which Bon Appetit named "Best New Restaurant" of 2014, and Pineapple and Pearls. Back in LA, he then became Chef de Cuisine at Felix Trattoria, the nation’s standard bearer for handmade pasta. Now, in his own venture, he is honoring the food of first Generation Americans with dishes like tempura fried sardines, chanterelles & grits, half-fried chicken with Japanese sweet potato, curry, and miso butter, chrysanthemum gelato, and Jolyn’s Favorite Noodles, a salute to his business and romantic partner Jolyn Chen, who designed the sleek space inhabited by Xiao Ye (which, by the way means “midnight snack” in Mandarin). We’re excited to visit here and to chat with Chef Lin about his food ideas. See you there!
About the Host:
LA-born and raised, Chef Louis Lin graduated from the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone. After honing his craft under Nancy Silverton at Osteria Mozza, as well as under James Beard Award-Winner Aaron Silverman at Michelin-Starred Rose’s Luxury and Two-Michelin-Starred Pineapple and Pearls, he made the move to Portland, opening Xiao Ye in 2023.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Crudo, Xiao Ye Style
braised burdock, dashi soy, wasabi, burdock chip
Radicchio & Winter Citrus
griddled chioggia radicchio, cashew yogurt, vegan xo sauce
ragù bianco, swiss chard, parmigiano reggiano
Grass Fed Ribeye & Fixin's
aged miso schmear, parker house roll, roasted mushroom, vegetable gratin
Classic Chocolate Cake
whipped cream, amarena cherry
3832 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, soy, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.