5-Course Elevated Honduran Tasting Event
Honduras-born, Colorado-raised Chef Edwin Sandoval has immeasurably enriched Denver’s food scene. He initially launched Xatrucho in 2017 as a pop-up, gaining a name and a following, and, recently, he joined forces with Grange Hall, where he is offering his festive and flavorful dinners. An experienced restaurant professional who earned his stripes at such top-flight Denver establishments as Spuntino, Beatrice & Woodsley, and Telegraph Bistro, Chef Sandoval is offering a new style of Latin cuisine at Xatrucho, which, by the way, is a nickname for the Honduran people. He sources heirloom corn from Mexico and offeris such delectables as house-made pasta, mezcal cured fish, braised brisket, and blue corn chochoyotes, a dish similar to gnocchi. The Xatrucho mindset around food is simple: cook with the seasons, source your products consciously, and, above all, have fun while cooking beautiful and delicious food. Isn’t it time you discovered Honduran food? We think so.
About the Host:
A Honduras native, Chef Sandoval received his culinary degree in 2012 and emerged on the Denver dining scene as a Sous Chef for Le Grand Bistro & Oyster Bar. Thereafter, he proceeds to work at some of the most acclaimed restaurants in the city, including Spuntino and Beatrice & Woodsley. In 2014, Chef Sandoval helped open Argyll Whisky Beer as Chef de Cuisine before accepting the Executive Chef position at Telegraph Bistro the following year. In October 2017, he decided to launch his private dining concept, Xatrucho, which focuses on curating menus that blends classic cooking techniques with Latin flavors. Chef Sandoval was able to open a permanent location at Invisible City before settling at Enigma Bazaar in September 2021.
Each course will be individually plated.
Smoked Salmon Tostada
with homemade corn tortilla, onion, cilantro, and salsas
with cheese and plantain filling, cabbage salad, lime, and red onions
with yellow rice, beef gravy, chive oil, cilantro, peppers, and onions
Chicken Thigh Mole
with herbed potato purée, mole negro, and achiote oil
Chamomile Pots De Crème
with toasted almonds and sprinkle of salt
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, we will not be requiring attendees to show proof of vaccination at the door to gain entry.
6575 Greenwood Plaza Blvd (Grange Hall)
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.