Work & Class
5-Course Pan-American Sans-Pretension Tasting Event
Staying fresh and vital for nearly ten years, this unique RiNo eatery has been gathering accolades by the armload over the course of its lifetime. Not a surprise, of course: Chef Dana Rodriguez is a five-time James Beard Nominee and the culinary force behind Casa Bonita and Super Mega Bien. Work & Class, her “concept” restaurant, was named to Thrillist’s “21 Best New in America” the first year it opened, has perennially been on Eater's "38 Essentials" list, and, this year, appeared on Condé Nast Traveler's "33 Best in Denver" List. And what is the “concept” of Work & Class? Simply put, “a square meal, stiff drink, and fair price.” That means nothing fussy or pretentious, as evidenced by Chihuahuan-born Chef Rodriguez’ ultimate comfort foods like shrimp & grits, lamb & pork meatballs, pork carnitas, green peppercorn brisket, bacon & goat cheese mashed potatoes, and more. (Leave room for the butterscotch pudding, cobbler, or key lime pie.) “A knockout… superb,” says The Denver Post. We’re excited to visit, to sample Chef Rodriguez’ stellar cuisine, and to hear about her journey from grinding corn on her mother’s farm to the heights of the food world!
About the Host:
A native of Chihuahua, Mexico, Chef Dana Rodriguez honed her craft in the kitchens of acclaimed Denver eateries Panzano and Tamayo before striking out on her own. She opened her first restaurant, Work & Class, in 2013, following it up with Super Mega Bien in 2018. A 6-Time James Beard Nominee (including an "Outstanding Chef" nod in '23), she also recently reopened local legend Casa Bonita.
All courses will be individually plated.
mascarpone cream, micro greens
Massive Attack Salad
spinach, tempura broccoli, grilled asparagus, cucumber, avocado, preserved lemon vinaigrette, shaved parmesan.
Cajun Shrimp & White Hominy Grits
white wine & spicy butter sauce
Colorado Roasted Lamb
coriander, goat cheese croquette, smoky tomato sauce
vanilla ice cream
Work & Class
2500 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot, with nearby street parking also available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.