6-Course Boardwalk Seafood Inspired Dinner Event
Ranked 15th on Washingtonian Magazine’s 100 Best Restaurant List in 2017, Whaley’s is the brainchild of cousins Nick and David Wiseman, who are fourth generation Washingtonians. They imagined a neighborhood restaurant that would hearken back to the capital’s early days, when oyster bars were everywhere. Built into the Lumber Shed at Yards Park, an historic industrial building in the Washington Navy Yard, Whaley’s, with its 35-foot ceilings and breezy ambience, is thriving under the leadership of Chef Daniel Perron. A graduate of The Oval Room, Blue Duck Tavern, and, most recently, the highly acclaimed Fiola Mare under James Beard award-winning chef Fabio Trabocchi, Chef Perron works magic on all manner of the purest and freshest seafood. The Washington Post reviewer rhapsodized over Whaley’s, saying, “I suspect I’ll be returning over and over in the years ahead, much like I revisit the pages of a favorite novel.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Perron will take time to hang out with us a bit, answering our questions and offering insights into how he approaches the bounty of the sea.
About the Host:
A Virginia native, Chef Perron has spent time in some of Washington's best restaurants, including Blue Duck, Tavern, Range, and Trummer's on Main. After working under James Beard Award winning chef Fabio Trabocchi at Fiola Mare, Perron joined Whaley's and helped it rise to rank 15th on Washingtonian Magazine's 100 Best Restaurants List of 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with whipped sorghum butter
with winter radish kimchi
Day Boat Scallop Crudo
with asian pear, nasturtium, and ginger-pomegranate sauce
Winter Radish Salad
with almond milk ranch, dill, cured egg yolk, and crispy foccacia
with pickled fresno chili, coconut milk, and thai basil
Valrhona Chocolate Tart
with torched cinnamon meringue, alba hazelnuts, and espresso caramel
301 Water St SE, Ste 115
Washington, DC 20003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.