5-Course Memories of Seoul Tasting Event
This Ballard eatery, which just celebrated its first anniversary, specializes in Korean comfort food. (WeRo, in fact, means “to comfort” in Korean). Infatuation promptly named WeRo to its 2022 list of “Seattle’s Best New Restaurants” while Eater followed suit by giving it a place on its 2022 list of “Best Korean Restaurants in Seattle.” Chef/Owner Wes Yoo launched WeRo as a pop-up takeout business that served the kind of foods he ate as a child in Seoul. We are talking about dishes like rice cake and sausage skewer, duck bibimbap, chicken wings, black cod jorim (seared and poached in a sweet and spicy broth), and jjajang dupbop (pork shoulder and mushrooms with black bean sauce). “Excellent food…truly delicious,” raves Infatuation. Naturally, we are primed to experience Chef Yoo’s culinary chops, to hear more about his journey through the food world, and to gain his insights into what makes Korean cuisine so very special.
About the Host:
Hailing from Seoul, Korea, Chef Wes Yoo moved to the US as a teenager and settled in Seattle. He first opened WeRo as a small pop-up for takeout before cementing it as a brick-and-mortar establishment in March 2022.
Courses #1, #2, #3, and #5 will be served individually plated. Course #4 will be served family style.
raw fish, garlic, chogochujang
duck breast, assorted vegetables
Steak & Pork Belly Ssam
kalbi marinated hanger steak, crispy suyuk style pork belly, banchan
Mattang Roll Cake
caramelized korean sweet potato cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1, #2, #3, and #5 will be served individually plated. Course #4 will be served family style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
5210 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for soy, vegetarian, pescatarian, alliums, and garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.