6-Course Ode to Vietnam Dinner Series
A native of Vietnam, Vui Hunt founded the popular I Love Juice Bars with her husband John, first in Nashville and at 50 other locations all around the country. In 2016, they founded Vui’s Kitchen, which is now in two locations. (We will be visiting the Germantown one). Here, you will find a greatest hits list of Vietnamese favorites, like pho, bone broth, lotus root salad, and banh mi sandwiches. There are ample meat, fish, and poultry dishes on the menu, but also enough vegetarian options for Thrillist to have named Vui’s Kitchen to its list of the “Best Restaurants for Vegetarians in Nashville.” And the quality of the food is exceptional. Thrillist applauded Chef Hunt for her efforts, saying, “Her interpretations of her homeland’s fare are vibrant and delicious—and approachable to novices to the cuisine.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Hunt will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the food culture of her homeland.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Born and raised in Vietnam, Chef Hunt developed an early love for food and kitchen life. Upon immigrating to Atlanta, she brought that passion for cuisine to her first restaurant, Veggieland, where she met her husband, John. When the pair then moved to John's hometown of Nashville, they quickly founded the wildly successful I Love Juice Bar franchise. They opened the first of their three Vui’s Kitchen locations in 2016, and the rest is history.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Gỏi Cuốn Heo (Autumn Rolls)
pork belly, butter lettuce, cucumber, mint, vermicelli, pickled watermelon radish, daikon, and carrots wrapped in rice paper and served with scallion dipping sauce
Cánh Gà Nướng (Ginger-Glazed Sticky Wings)
ginger-caramel glazed chicken wings with toasted sesame seeds
Bò Lá Lốt (Beef in Betel Leaf)
grass-fed beef wrapped in betel leaf, served on butter lettuce with pickled daikon, carrots, peanuts, scallion oil, and fish sauce
Gỏi Đu Đủ Xanh (Shrimp & Green Papaya Salad)
grilled five-spice shrimp with green papaya, mint, carrot, daikon, crushed peanuts, and sweet chili sauce
Bún Bò Huế (Spicy Hue-Style Beef Noodle Soup)
thick rice noodles, sliced brisket, shrimp balls, pork blood gelée, purple cabbage, banana blossoms, perilla leaves, and fresh herbs in a pork, beef, and lemongrass broth
Lê Luộc Gừng & Chan (Ginger & Citrus Poached Pears)
with cashew cream
1120 4th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37208
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.