5-Course Memories of Coastal Italy Tasting Event
Opened in 2019, this remarkable Myers Park ristorante has steadily built up a reputation for being one of the city's very best eateries. In fact, just this year, Charlotte Magazine named Volo to both its "50 Best Restaurants" List and its "Best Italian Restaurants" List. So, you know they indeed felt strongly about the homespun yet high-end Italian experience Master Chef Alessandro Magnani is turning out here. Featuring superbly prepared dishes like cappesante (seared sea scallops over purple potato puree with romanesco cauliflower and crispy prosciutto) and nero (black squid ink sciatelli with shrimp, spicy marinara, and fresh herbs), not to mention classic but superlative desserts like tiramisu and cannolis, Volo is a decadent array of Italy's finest. And, while the pasta's made in-house using traditional old world methods, it’s all served up in a slick modern setting perfect for those sneaky in-between-courses photos. "An experience exciting for everyone involved," says Charlotte Observer. We certainly can't wait to experience it for ourselves!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Bari, Italy, Chef Alessandro "Alex" Magnani has over thirty years of culinary experience in kitchens ranging from Italy, to the Caribbean, to the Bahamas and Hawai'i. Stateside, he also serves as the Master Chef at Acqua Ragazza.
All courses will be individually plated.
spring mix, red onion, carrot, tomato, walnut, beet, goat cheese
sweet pea, chef's choice meat, chef's choice cheese
beef, veal, pork ragù sauce
chicken breast, mushroom, marsala wine sauce
lady fingers, creamy mascarpone, coffee & cocoa powder
1039 Providence Rd
Charlotte, NC 28207
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with gluten, vegetarian, or nut/seeds restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.