5-Course Modern Pan-Asian Tasting Event
Opened February 2022, this Mercer Island eatery offering an Asian fusion menu vaulted instantly onto a slew of “Best Of” Lists, including Thrillist's "Best Restaurants in Seattle,” Seattle Met's "Favorite Chinese Restaurants," and Seattle Times’s "Best New Openings." Chef Danna Hwang was born in Guangzhou, China but embarked on her culinary journey in Greater Seattle. She discovered her passion for cooking at Cooking Doll Catering before joining Peony Kitchen, where she served as Executive Chef. She then went on to revitalize the 27-year-old China Harbor restaurant, developing a new menu with modern twists on traditional dishes. Then it was on to Vivienne’s Bistro, where her culinary wizardry earned her the title of Seattle's Best Chef by Seattle Magazine. Here, she brings together influences from various cuisines. Consider, for instance, her squid ink fried rice, which borrows touches from Italy, Japan, and Spain, incorporating bacon, shrimp, and mozzarella. So good that Seattle Times restaurant critic Tan Vinh gave it a "5 Best Dishes” nod. We can’t wait for this one!
About the Host:
Hailing from Guangzhou, China, Chef Danna Hwang first cut her teeth as a caterer before joining Peony Kitchen as Executive Chef. In 2021, she joined the China Harbor team, reinventing their menu with modern twists on traditional dishes. She now serves as Executive Chef at Vivienne Bistro, where she earned a "Seattle's Best Chef" nod by Seattle Magazine.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
pork, shrimp, chives, crispy rice paper
Grilled Shishito Peppers
jumbo prawn, mixed pepper, mixed spices
Lamb Chop & Okra Eggplant
lemon grass shrimp sauce, okra eggplant, basil soy sauce
Curry Beef Flank Steak
lemongrass, galangal, garlic, pumpkin, chili, coconut milk, garlic brown & wild rice
Fusion Earl Grey Tiramisu
2441 76th Ave SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, soy, raw fish, shellfish, pork, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.