5-Course Wood-Fired Flavors Tasting Event
Since its opening in the summer of 2020, this concept eatery from the team that created the ultra-popular Bardo has made quite a name for itself, landing on both Charlotte Magazine’s 2023 list of the "50 Best Restaurants in Charlotte" and its "Best South End Restaurants" list. Intimate like Bardo, VANA (whose name translates in Sanskrit to “a wooded area of the forest”) has an open kitchen, glass-paneled garage doors that lend an indoor/outdoor feeling, and a rustic menu that focuses on tapas and dishes that are cooked in the fire hearth and the pizza oven. That means dishes like lamb neck with grits and pickled onions, bone marrow with onion marmalade and sourdough bread, wagyu beef tartare with egg jam and horseradish, mussels with tomato broth, shrimp, chorizo, and fennel, and delectable flatbreads. Dinner here feels like you stumbled into a small mountain café that just happens to have incredible food. So stumble in and join us for what promises to be a really special evening!
About the Host:
Chef De Cuisine
Born and raised in Charlotte, Chef Matt Moore honed his craft at Cannon Green, Wild Common, and Indaco before joining the VANA team. He has been featured as a young chef to watch by Meetings Today.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
Local Green Salad
sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, nutritional yeast, shaved vegetables, citrus, pepita
north carolina shrimp, smashed avocado, citrus, chili, shaved onion
Wagyu Steak Tartare
pedro ximenez vinegar, egg yolk jam, puffed sorghum, verdant sourdough
roasted grouper with romesco, trout roe, charred citrus, pickled herbs | tomahawk ribeye with chimichurri, broccoli, papas bravas
cinnamon sugar, cream cheese, macerated strawberries
1440 S Tryon St Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28203
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, vegetarian, pescatarian, pork, or mushroom restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby paid parking lot, as well as street parking available.