5-Course Creative Catalan Tasting Event
Tasting Collective comes to Vegas! We are super excited to kick things off with a visit to this sleek and stylish Spanish eatery, first opened in 2019 and reopened in 2021, which Thrillist named to its list of “Everywhere You Need to Eat Right Now” and which Eater cited as one of the “Prettiest Restaurants” in town. Executive Chef/Owner Jeff Weiss, who earlier in his career worked with such James Beard award-winning chefs as José Andrés and April Bloomfield, has created a place where diners cab enjoy extraordinary wood-fired paellas, tapas, fun cocktails, and a Dali-inspired wonderland of restaurant design. He first fell in love with Spain when he was awarded the prestigious ICEX culinary scholarship in 2009 and went to live there, learning about the regional cuisines and cooking in the kitchens of award-winning chefs such as Adolfo Muñoz and Dani García. His deep knowledge of Spanish cuisine is reflected in his James Beard and Gourmand World Cookbook Award-nominated Charcutería: The Soul of Spain. We are looking forward to sampling Chef Weiss’ fare and hearing his insights into what makes the food of Spain so special.
About the Host:
A graduate of Cornell University, and former Olympic Figure Skater, Chef Weiss kicked off his culinary career in Spain at several of the country's top Michelin-starred restaurants: Restaurante Calima (2 Stars) and El Rocamador (1 Star). Upon returning stateside, he further honed his craft in DC, NYC, and CA, under a plethora of renowned chefs – José Andrés, April Bloomfield, Steve Chan, Daní Garcia, and Adolfo Muñoz – before striking out on his own with Valencian Gold in 2019.
All courses will be individually plated.
with crab, watermelon granita, and almond crema
Canalons a la Barcelonesa
summer corn with chicken liver and summer truffle béchamel
Madre i Hijo
chargrilled salmon with caviar sabayón and bloomsdale spinach
Roast Pork Presa
with benton’s bacon migas and piquillo pepper escabeche
Wood-Roasted Strawberry Shortcake
with buttermilk poundcake and whipped goats milk crema
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
7960 S Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89139
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.