DAY 3: 6-Course Traditional Basque Dinner Series
To kick off 2019, we're heading back to Txikito for what will surely be an unforgettable collaboration with NYC's veritable queen of Spanish cuisine, Chef Alex Raij! Our first collaboration with Txikito took place almost a year ago, and it was one of the top-rated event series' of 2018. So, when Chef Raij reached out recently to invite us back for Round 2, we jumped at the opportunity. As a refresher, Txikito is where husband and wife chef team, Alex Raij and Eder Montero, profess their love for Spanish Basque cuisine. The duo also own and operate La Vara, the Michelin-starred Basque-inspired eatery in Cobble Hill, Saint Julivert Fisherie, also in Cobble Hill, and El Quinto Pino, which is located just down the street from Txikito. We'll be taking over the dining room of the restaurant for this event series and Chef Raij will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to introduce the courses, share stories, and participate in a Q&A during dessert.
About the Host:
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Raij, who trained at the CIA, is a first-generation American of Argentinian/Jewish descent. She is widely considered a pioneer of Basque cuisine in NYC.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
roasted navarran red peppers stuffed with basque ratatouille and served with pikillo oil and cod mayo
Montadito De Ternera
hand-cut beef tartare with smoked bone marrow, leek mustard, and vegetable ash
salt cod carpaccio with grated tomato, smoked cod liver, fresh tomato, garlic oil, and trout roe
jamón and shrimp "noquis" dumplings with squid ink, porcini mushroom mayo, and fresh herbs
Asado De Tira
butcher's cut cross cut short ribs with pimientos riojanas and anchovy butter
burnt cheesecake with piment d'espelette braised pineapple and salted chantilly cream
240 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians or those with onion, garlic, or pepper allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.