Day 3: 5-Course Creative Korean Tasting Series
Opened in January, 2021, this Downtown eatery was created by Peter Cho and Sun Young Park, whose Han Oak (which opened in 2017) was named Restaurant of the Year by Portland Monthly and The Oregonian. TOKI rode out the pandemic, and in 2022 it made Infatuation’s “Best Restaurants in Portland” list and The Daily Beast’s “Where to Eat in PDX” list. Hawaiian-born Chef de Cuisine Scotty Iijima, an alum of Han Oak, is turning out expertly-prepared dishes like chargrilled pork belly skewers, stuffed cabbage rolls, Korean fried chicken wings, and Muscovy duck breast soba. (Save room too for scrumptious desserts like lemongrass creme brûlée and butter mochi cake with tahini ice cream.) “Toki makes soulful, craveable things you won’t find elsewhere,” raves Portland Monthly, while Savory Traveler calls Toki “a fantastic dining experience.” We’re pumped to visit. See you there!
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Born and Raised in Hawaii, Chef Scotty Iijima first cut his teeth at Honolulu restaurants before moving to Portland. After cooking in the kitchens of Swank, Marukin, and Han Oak, he joined the TOKI team as Chef de Cuisine.
Course #1 will be served family style. Courses #2-#5 will be served individually plated.
romaine lettuce, sweet miso goddess dressing, toasted nori, rice
Maitake Mushroom Toast
shokupan, curry tofu dressing, pickled pepper, tatsoi
Shrimp Wontons in Chili Oil
house chili crisp, garlic, hakurei turnip, scallion
Beef Noodle Soup
oxtail & bonito broth, braised beef short rib, melted leek
Black Sesame Parfait
cream cheese custard, red bean & chocolate chip cookie crumble, seasonal fruits, jam
580 SW 12th Ave
Portland, OR 97205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy, soy, raw fish, and shellfish. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby parking garage and/or lot, as well as street parking available. Parking is not validated.