5-Course Glory of the Gulf Tasting Event
Located in the Lamar Union, this feelgood/tastegood eatery has been dispensing tender loving care from the moment it opened in 2017 - which may explain how it managed to survive the pandemic when so many other restaurants unfortunately did not. For Executive Chef Sean Lucas, who grew up in West Virginia and graduated from Johnson & Wales’ culinary arts program, the key to TLC’s success lies in combining a high level of customer care and attention with favorite foods that are impeccably prepared. Perhaps that explains why TLC appears on both Eater’s List of “Best Seafood in Austin” ('23) and Thrillist’s “Best Austin Restaurants” List ('23). Consider the bacon-wrapped shrimp, the candied bacon deviled eggs, the chicken fried steak, redfish and crab, fried okra, gumbo, cowboy ribeye steak, Texas pecan pie…well, we could go on and on but you get the picture. “A charming and spacious restaurant serving delicious Texas comfort food with a focus on seafood,” says Austin Monthly. In other words, a perfect place to spend a summer night. See you there!
About the Host:
Hailing from Huntington, WV, Chef Sean Lucas graduated from Johnson & Wales University. Trained in a variety of cuisines from fine dining to world fusion, he now heads the team at TLC.
All courses will be individually plated.
Char-Grilled Gulf Oysters
compound butter, parmesan cheese
cajun style barbecue shrimp, tomato jam, romaine lettuce, avocado, pickled onions
Meunière Style Redfish & Crab
grilled asparagus, lemon garlic butter
Snow Crab & Andouille Sausage Boil
corn cob, red potato, roasted garlic, house spice
Mason Jar Key Lime Pie
house whipped cream, graham cracker crumble, lime zest
1100 S Lamar Blvd Ste. #1150
Austin, TX 78704
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, soy, vegetarian, shellfish, or mushrooms restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.