Tito's Ceviche & Pisco
5-Course Revisiting Peruvian Roots Tasting Event
Peruvian cuisine, with its Spanish, African, Chinese and Indigenous influences, is widely regarded as one of the world’s best, and Juan Lock, Chef/Owner of this St. Charles eatery, is an exceptional practitioner of that cuisine. So much so that Tito’s Ceviche & Pisco was named to Eater’s list of “Best Restaurants Uptown” and "Best Restaurants on St Charles Ave", as well as The Advocate’s list of “Best Latin Food” in NOLA. Lima-born Chef Lock, half-Chinese, half-Peruvian, opened Tito’s in 2017 and soon gathered a loyal following with dishes like arroz con pato (duck confit, beer glaze, and cilantro rice), causa de pollo (grilled chicken salad with aji potatoes, avocado, and eggs), and chaufa de mariscos (mixed seafood, Cantonese fried rice, sesame, and egg). Per its name, fabulous ceviches feature as well, along with pisco sours, pisco punch, and piscorita (a pisco margarita, but you figured that out, didn’t you?) “Tito’s adds vibrant, new flavors to Uptown,” says The Advocate, and we look forward to sampling Chef Lock’s creations and hearing his thoughts about the cuisine of his home country.
About the Host:
A native of Lima, Peru, Chef Juan Lock cooked in Fort Lauderdale before settling with his family in NOLA, where he's lived for 28 years. He opened Tito’s Ceviche and Pisco in August of 2017, and has since expanded to their second location on St. Charles.
Courses #1, #3, #4, and #5 will be served individually plated. Course #2 will be served family style.
Gulf Fish Ceviche
leche de tigre, aji limo, sweet potato, choclo, onion
Pulled Pork Tostones
plaintain, peruvian style pulled pork
Causa de Cangrejo
louisiana crab meat, aji potato, avocado, olive, egg
linguine, basil sauce, hanger steak, queso fresco, pecans
dulce de leche custard, meringue
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1, #3, #4, and #5 will be served individually plated. Course #2 will be served family style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Tito's Ceviche & Pisco
1433 St Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available.