The Way Back
DAY 2: 6-Course Modern Locavore Dinner Series
Denver was a sadder place after this popular eatery closed for six months for a move and remodeling. Well, good news! The Way Back is back in business, better than ever, in its new digs on Tennyson Street in Berkeley. The commodious space previously housed Patrick Carroll’s and then Paddy the Yank, but do not fear—the days of Irish pub fare are over. Instead, you will find what Zagat describes as, “A hot spot known for seasonal, sustainable New American cuisine and expert cocktails.” Locally sourced meats become dishes like pork chop with black-eyed peas, greens, peanuts, and preserved lemon and barbecue lamb neck with radicchio and celery slaw. Chef Dylan Rigolini also does wonders with vegetables, from green pea fritters with cilantro, jalapeño, and yogurt to carrots and purple snow peas with mint and matcha tea vinaigrette, inspiring 5280 restaurant critic John Lavelle to comment "I wish I lived closer to it". We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Rigolini will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and share his food passions.
About the Host:
A Connecticut native, Chef Rigolini began his culinary journey on East Coast before relocating to Denver and cutting his teeth at Zack's Bar & Grill, The Rosenbergs, and Vine Street. He joined the team at The Way Back in 2018, quickly working his way up the ranks to take the Executive Chef role earlier this year.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Focaccia & Radish
with cultured butter
with chili crisp
with kimchi aioli, sweet soy, nori, and bonito
Green Pea Fritter
with yogurt, mint, and cilantro
with corn, anchovy mayo, furikake, and kimchi
with peach jam and shortbread
The Way Back
3963 Tennyson St. Denver, CO 80212
Denver, CO 80212
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.