5-Course Pan-Asian Comfort Tasting Event
Just a shade over a year old, The Warmack brings soul-satisfying Asian comfort food to Plaza-Midwood. Executive Chef Nobu Ishikawa was born in South Carolina and grew up in Hendersonville, North Carolina with the dream of becoming a sushi chef. He worked at a number of Asian spots in Asheville and moved to Charlotte in 2007, where he perfected his skills at Nikko, Cyros, and Pisces. In 2012, he joined Bonsai Fusion in the 7th Street Station, where he had an ownership stake. He then joined Yama, where he made sushi at both the Plaza-Midwood and Waverly locations. Diners at The Warmack can choose from a range of deeply satisfying dishes, including bao buns, rice bowls, chicken, pork, or tempeh on skewers, curries, and superb sushi. Desserts like mochi cheesecake and Vietnamese coffee crème brulee sound similarly irresistible. We look forward to our visit to The Warmack and chatting with Chef Ishikawa about his culinary traditions and inspirations.
About the Host:
Hailing from North AND South Carolina, and of Japanese descent, Chef Nobuaki “Nobu” Ishikawa has over 20 years of restaurant experience. Prior to taking the helm at The Warmack, he honed his craft at top Japanese restaurants throughout Asheville and Charlotte, including Nikko, Cyros, Pisces, Bonsai Fusion, and Yama.
All courses will be individually plated.
Crunchy Salmon Skin Salad
with pickled burdock, cucumber, onions, daikon, and sesame soy vinaigrette
Fried Agedashi Tofu
with chinese eggplant and thickened mushroom broth
Trio of Sushi
california roll | salmon nigiri | tuna nigiri
Orange Miso-Marinated Seabass
with warm japanese-style spinach
Thai Coconut Pudding
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, we will not be requiring attendees to show proof of vaccination at the door to gain entry.
1226 Central Ave
Charlotte, NC 28204
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.