6-Course Old World Inspired Dinner Event
Named by Eater this year as one of Denver’s 38 Essential Restaurants, The Plimoth, which Chef Peter Ryan opened in the Skyland neighborhood in 2013, offers an eclectic menu that draws from classic French and Italian culinary traditions. At the same time, it finds inspiration in the seasonal bounty of local ingredients that it sources from the farmers, artisans, and purveyors with which it partners. Chef Ryan has a deep resume on the Denver cooking scene. He joined the faculty of Cook Street School of Culinary Arts in 1999, where he has mentored many up-and-coming cooks and culinary entrepreneurs. Also, Denver Magazine nominated him as Rising Chef of the Year during his time as chef at Z Cuisine. The Plimoth is the realization of a dream for him, and 5280 says, “Denver needs more restaurants like The Plimoth, an unfussy neighborhood spot where you feel less like you’re going out to dinner and more like you’re dining at a friend’s home.” We will be taking over the restaurant for the evening, and Chef Ryan will be on hand to answer your questions and share his food obsessions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Ryan “pounded pans” on the East and West coasts for more than a dozen years before joining the faculty at Denver's Cook Street School of Culinary Arts in 1999, working his way up to Executive Chef Instructor. He earned a nomination for Rising Chef of the Year from Denver Magazine during his time as Chef at Z Cuisine, but left in November 2013 to open The Plimoth.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Housemade Charcuterie Platter
with country-style pork rillette, patio-smoked sausage, and herbed farmer's cheese
Early Summer Vegetable Bisque
with cornbread croutons
Farmer's Market Salad
hand-picked market vegetables with champagne-sherry vinaigrette
Fried Sea Scallops
with sauce romesco and garden herbs
with grilled broccolini and mediterranean aioli
Chocolate Pot du Crème
with hazelnut streusel and chantilly cream
2335 E. 28th Ave
Denver, CO 80205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.