The Peached Tortilla
6-Course Southern Meets Pan-Asian Dinner Event
Southern comfort food with an Asian flair? That is the unique formula that has made this Burnet Road eatery one of Austin’s most popular gathering spots. The Peach Tortilla is a great success story, as Chef-Owner Eric Silverstein has nurtured it along from a food truck to a brick-and-mortar establishment to a full-service catering company and venue space. The inventive menu allows diners to move from “Southern Fun” (braised brisket, kale, and bean sprouts) to “Fried Rice” (Chinese sausage, shiitakes, scrambled egg, and sweet tea pickled onions) to “Lush Pork Belly Bowl” (use your imagination). Eater has just named The Peached Tortilla to its list of “The 38 Essential Restaurants in Austin, Winter 2020,” and Austin Monthly calls it “just peachy.” Chef Silverstein, who was born in Tokyo and grew up in Atlanta, was named one of the “30 Up and Coming Chefs in America” by Plate Magazine. He will be on hand when we take over the restaurant for this event to answer your questions and discuss the main influences on his cooking.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Born in Tokyo and raised in Atlanta, Chef Silverstein began his career in the law, but soon felt the call of the kitchen. Moving to Austin in 2010, he launched his food truck, The Peached Tortilla, as a reflection of his personal experience of Southern-Asian food. He has been named one of Plate Magazine’s “30 Up and Coming Chefs in America” and a “Rising Star” by FSR Magazine in 2016. He opened his permanent location for The Peached Tortilla in 2014.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Lamb Tsukune Meatballs
with grilled capra lamb, shiso, tare sauce, and a raw pasture-raised egg
Asian Pear Miso Salad
with baby kale, mixed greens, overnight pear kimchi, radish duo, herbs, and miso pear vinaigrette
Hiroshima Style Okonomiyaki
with yakisoba, shiitake, cabbage, aonori, and okonomiyaki sauce
Chinese Style Braised Brisket
with wonton noodles, ginger, scallion, and new year sauce
Wok Charred Chinese Broccoli
with ginger, garlic, sweet soy, fried shallots, and noodles
Gran Marnier Mascarpone
with marinated berries and shiso crumble
The Peached Tortilla
5520 Burnet Rd #100
Austin, TX 78756
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate vegetarians, pescatarians, or attendees with gluten, shellfish, or soy restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.