The M Room
Day 2: 5-Course Macallan-Infused Tasting Series
Opened exactly a year ago, this River North eatery jumped right onto Chicago Magazine’s “10 Hottest Restaurants” List. No wonder, as the culinary team behind Roka Akor, the popular Japanese-style steak and sushi restaurant, has partnered with The Macallan, one of the world’s best-known Scotch distilleries, to create a truly unique dining experience. Under the aegis of Executive Chef Ce Bian, born in China and raised in London, this East-West synergy finds expression in dishes like Scotch quail egg with miso mustard, wagyu wellington with Macallan demi-glace, and roasted sea bass with cherry miso, celery root, pickled cherries, and charred ginger cask oil. It’s fabulously inventive—and fabulously delicious. Secret Chicago says, “The M Room brings together innovative flavor palates that combine sushi, steak, and world-renowned Scotch for an experience unlike any other.” This will definitely be one you can discuss around the water cooler the next day, so don’t miss Hosting Head Chef Mark Amborn's magnificent array!
About the Host:
Raised in WI, Chef Mark Amborn graduated from Le Cordon Bleu of Scottsdale, AZ, where he quickly joined the team at Roka Akor's founding location. After transferring to the Chicago location a decade ago, he served as Sous Chef, in addition to a stint as Sous Chef for The Promontory. He now serves as Head Chef at M Room.
All courses will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Roasted Red Pepper Tartlet
pickled asparagus, smoked egg yolk cream
crispy prosciutto, rosemary crumble
Roasted Sea Bass
cherry miso, celery root, charred cask oil, pickled cherry
Wagyu Short Rib
winter vegetables, black garlic purée
caramelized white chocolate, banana diplomat, rhubarb, hibiscus
The M Room
450 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with soy, allium, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, valet parking is available at a $25/car rate. Additionally, there are parking garages around the neighborhood. Street parking has been noted to be difficult.