6-Course Inventive Italian Dinner Event
Situated in Brooklyn's Columbia Waterfront District, this very new (October 2019) restaurant occupies the site of a fabled, long-ago tavern called “The Longshoreman,” owned and operated by a character named Punchie, that slaked the thirst of workers from the Brooklyn dockyards. Now sleek and modern, with black-and-white photos of nautical knots and a long white marble bar, The Longshoreman maintains that friendly neighborhood feeling and serves delicious Italian food. From the fresh bread with rosemary, ricotta, sea salt, and honey to burrata salad, distinctive pastas, and wood-fired pizza, there is something for everyone here. Exec Chef Michelle Ewan is a restaurant industry veteran, having trained in the Edinburgh, London and New York food scenes. Her passion for Italian cuisine emanates from a strong tradition of family home cooking. You will feel just like family too when we move into the restaurant for the evening and hear from Chef Ewan, who will answer your questions and discuss her very personal approach to the great culinary traditions of Italy.
About the Host:
Chef & Owner
Born in South Africa, Chef Ewan's career began in Edinburgh, Scotland at the Penguin Café as their head chef. Life brought Michelle to London working for Bertorelli’s opposite the famed Covent Garden Opera House and then to New York where she landed at the Café Word of Mouth on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. She opened The Longshoreman in October 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with orange, pine nuts, and 24-month aged parmesan | accompanied by fresh bread and ricotta della casa
with crispy prosciutto, vodka sauce, and grilled bread
with squid ink, shrimp ragu, bottarga, and black garlic
with herb vinaigrette and broccolini
NY Strip Steak
with duck fat fingerling potatoes, salsa verde, and whiskey yakitori
with tawny port whipped cream and hazelnut brittle
215 Columbia St
Brooklyn, NY 11231
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate pescatarians, vegetarians, or guests with allium, dairy, gluten, red meat, or shellfish restrictions at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.