5-Course Inventive Italian Dinner Event
Situated in Brooklyn's Columbia Waterfront District, this very new (October 2019) restaurant occupies the site of a fabled, long-ago tavern called “The Longshoreman,” owned and operated by a character named Punchie, that slaked the thirst of workers from the Brooklyn dockyards. Now sleek and modern, with black-and-white photos of nautical knots and a long white marble bar, The Longshoreman maintains that friendly neighborhood feeling and serves delicious Italian food. From the fresh bread with rosemary, ricotta, sea salt, and honey to burrata salad, distinctive pastas, and wood-fired pizza, there is something for everyone here. Exec Chef Ben Brisk has been with the restaurant since the get-go; first as line cook under the restaurant's previous head chef, Michelle Ewan, and now at the helm. His passion for Italian cuisine emanates from a strong tradition of family home cooking. You will feel just like family too when we move into the restaurant for the evening and hear from Chef Brisk, who will answer your questions and discuss his very personal approach to the great culinary traditions of Italy.
About the Host:
Chef Brisk's love of creating original and delicious food began in college where he started cooking for classmates. From there, he started at the Longshoreman in 2018 as a pizza cook, where he rose through the ranks to Executive Chef. Brought up in food traditions which honor both his Brazilian and Lower East Side immigrant roots, Chef Brisk takes an outsider's perspective on Italian cuisine and the use of fresh seasonal ingredients.
Each course will be plated individually.
with pear, candied hazelnuts, feta, house bread, and ricotta
with citrus segments and friseé
Squid Ink Farfalle
with ragú di mare
Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chop
with chimichurri and eggplant caponata
with espresso whipped cream and shaved white chocolate
215 Columbia St
Brooklyn, NY 11231
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, the Excelsior Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for nightshade or allium allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.