The Ginger Pig
5-Course Inventive Pan-Asian Tasting Event
Opened in 2020, this spectacularly good Pan-Asian restaurant from Chef Natascha Hess is an outgrowth of her very popular The Ginger Pig Food Truck, which Westword said was the city's best. It is also a loving homage to the family that hosted Chef Hess when she was an exchange student in China. Diners will find Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian, Filipino, and Japanese influences in her inventive menu, derived from her travels through Asia. Consider the Korean-inspired hot dogs battered in rice and cornflakes or the Vietnamese spin on watermelon salad. And then there are the classic Chinese dishes like Sichuan spicy eggplant with pork or shrimp, char sui (bbq pork shoulder served with smashed cucumber salad and jasmine rice), and táng cu ji (sweet and sour chicken) The Ginger Pig has been showered with accolades, from being named to Eater's "Essential 38" list, Thrillist's "Best Restaurants" list, and Westword's "100 Best Denver Restaurants of 2022" list, so naturally we're anxious to visit. Plus, we'll get to hear about Chef Hess' appearance on Beat Bobby Flay!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Connecticut, Chef Natascha Hess fell in love with Chinese cooking during her summers abroad in college. After graduating, she moved with her husband to Denver, where she became a protege of James Beard "Best Chef: Mountain" finalist Carrie Baird at Brazen. She opened Ginger Pig as a food truck in 2016, expanding to a brick-and-mortar location in 2020.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
korean glass noodles, shiitake mushrooms, scallions, sesame, soy
crisped tofu, japanese broth
Singapore Chili Crab
spicy chili sauce, ginger, garlic, scallions
Xinjiang Cumin Lamb Chops
chinese-style lamb chops, pickled yellow beets, jasmine rice, cucumber salad, cilantro
Blueberry Yuzu Mochi Cake
blueberry dust, blue-yuzu fruit gastrique
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
The Ginger Pig
4262 Lowell Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.