5-Course Ode to Old New Orleans Tasting Event
The Chloe is the flagship restaurant of the acclaimed Chloe Hotel, located on St. Charles Avenue and embodying all that is iconic about New Orleans. Guests walk through wrought iron gates onto a gracious porch with a view of the city’s streetcars and into a gorgeously-renovated Victorian-era building that houses 14 über-chic rooms. The entire enterprise—hotel and restaurant—is the brainchild of noted restaurateur Robert LeBlanc, who has given the Crescent City such distinguished eateries as Sylvain, Barrel Proof, Cavan, Longway Tavern, and Meauxbar. Thrillist named The Chloe, which opened in October of 2020, to its 2022 list of “15 Most Essential NOLA Food Experiences” while Eater gave it a place of honor on its 2022 list of “16 Best Hotel Restaurants.” When you sample the handiwork of Executive Chef Todd Pulsinelli, late of James Beard-nominated August and a contestant on Iron Chef America, you’ll understand why. He does wonders with his variations on Creole mainstays, like a muffaletta egg roll, gumbo z’herbes agnolotti, shrimp étouffée dumplings, roast grouper, hanger steak au poivre, and more. We’re very excited about this event and look forward to seeing you there!
About the Host:
Born in Bitburg, Germany, and raised in Columbus, OH, Chef Todd Pulsinelli has been in hospitality for over 25 years, working in several acclaimed restaurants throughout New Orleans including James Beard Nominated August, Domenica, and American Sector. He has cooked for public figures such as Michelle Obama and appeared on Iron Chef America. In 2019, he joined the LeBLANC+SMITH team, where he now oversees The Chloe as Executive Chef.
Courses #1-3 will be served family style, with courses #4 and #5 individually plated.
The Chloe Salad
poached royal red shrimp, iceberg lettuce, ravigote, dehydrated crab fat, pickled shallot, dill, chives
Charred Broccoli & Cauliflower
lemon vinaigrette, parmesan crème, almond, sumac persillade
Shrimp & Pork Étouffée Dumplings
shrimp, pork, ginger, garlic, onion, sambal, lemongrass, fermented honey pepper vinegar
Blackened Butter Crusted Drum
haricot verts, charred bok choy, béarnaise sauce
Ice Cream Sandwich
praline-pecan crunch cookie, brown butter ice cream
4125 St Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with kosher diets. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.