6-Course Nose-to-Tail American Dinner Event
“Nose-to-tail.” That’s the bedrock philosophy of Bucktown’s The Bristol, which means that this fine American restaurant makes use of every part of the animal. As you might expect, charcuterie is a defining point here, but then so is handmade pasta, farm-fresh produce, and artisanal cocktails. Simply put, The Bristol satisfies—which explains why it has just celebrated its tenth anniversary. Chef Todd Stein started out his association with The Bristol as a customer who loved eating its iconic duck fat fries, monkey bread, and roast chicken with mustard spaetzle. Now, as a winner of a Rising Star Chef honor from StarChefs.com, he is carrying on the legacy of The Bristol’s founding chef, Chris Pandel, while introducing some lighter dishes and placing a greater emphasis on vegetables. And big news! The Bristol was selected as one of the coveted Michelin Bib Gourmand-designated restaurants in Chicago for 2019 and got a four-star rating from Time Out. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Stein will emerge from the kitchen periodically to take your questions and share his culinary passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Since discovering his passion for cooking at age 11, Chef Todd Stein has honed his skills across the US, France, and Italy, working under legendary chefs like Keith Korn and Michael Kornick along the way. Stein has worked at mk, cibo matto, ROOF at the Wit Hotel, Piccolo Sogno Due, (to name a few) and is an established winner of three-star reviews from the Chicago press.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
Smoked Catfish Dip
with trout roe and chips
Fried Pork Rillette
with pepper jam
Beets & Feta
with honey-roasted cashews and persillade
Duck Confit Cavatelli
with shiitake mushrooms and mint
with turnips and mustard greens
with seasonal jam and chantilly
2152 N Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.