6-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Event
With its appealing location (a serene dining room looking out on lovely Lady Bird Lake) and truly outstanding food that draws inspiration from all over the world, this popular restaurant offers everything you might want for a delightful dinner or brunch. The Bonneville is the creation of husband-and-wife team Jennifer Costello and Chris Hurley, who hail from Boston and who worked for some of the best restaurants in that food-conscious city, including Rialto, Oleana, Mistral, and The Blue Room. They have come to love Austin, and the feeling is totally mutual. The Austin Chronicle says, “Costello and Hurley are executing New American cuisine with a precision and deftness that puts them right at the top of their profession.” Lamb grilled pizza with eggplant puree, mint, lemon yogurt drizzle, and Manchego? Bacon-and-egg ravioli? Seared diver scallops with crispy scallion rice cakes and ruby red grapefruit nage? These are the kinds of dishes you can expect to find at The Bonneville. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chefs Costello and Hurley will both be coming out of the kitchen throughout the event to take our questions and share stories.
About the Hosts:
Chef & Co-Owner
A former advertising executive and graduate of the New England Culinary Institute, Chef Jennifer Costello has worked alongside her husband Chris at some of her hometown of Boston's best restaurants--including Rialto, Oleana, Mistral, The Blue Room, and Caffe Umbra--before relocating to Austin and opening up The Bonneville in January 2013.
Chef & Co-Owner
A graduate of Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, Chef Hurley entered the food industry after 10 years as an accountant. He has honed his skills under some of Boston's best chefs, including Jaime Mammano, Steve Johnson, and James Beard winner Jody Adams. After meeting his now-wife (in the kitchen at The Blue Room), the pair relocated to Austin and opened up The Bonneville in January 2013.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Whipped Chamomile Ricotta
with torta d'assiette
Pickled Heirloom Beet Salad
with horseradish creme, orange anise vinaigrette, and hazelnut crumble
Seared New England Scallops
with crispy scallion rice cake, sauteed spinach, and grapefruit nage
Chicken "Under a Brick"
with spiced honey agrodolce, shaved broccoli salad, and toasted almonds
Braised IO Ranch Lamb
with fatoush salad and harissa tzatziki
Peach & Goat Cheese Cheesecake
with pickled jalapeno
202 W Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78701
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.