Day 1: 5-Course Thai With A Twist Tasting Series
After earning a loyal following in Baton Rouge, Chef Orawin Greene, along with her husband Nathan, decided to move this exciting eatery to the French Quarter. Born in Lopburi, Thailand (where her mother had a restaurant) Chef Greene has had extensive experience at locations like La Meridian in Bangkok, the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay in California, and the W Hotel in San Francisco. Now, at Thaihey, just a year old, she is delighting diners with brilliant and unexpected Thai dishes, like deep-fried frog legs marinated in red curry, spicy and sour Northeastern Thai oxtail soup, massaman ribeye curry, and pumpkin chicken curry, all served up in an inviting space of exposed brick and subway tiles that Chef Greene painted herself. The Gambit raves, “One bite of plahang tangmo is enough to make anybody feel like a king” about the fresh watermelon served with catfish crumble and fried shallot. Eater NOLA has named Thaihey to a recent 2022 list of “Restaurants to Check Out,” and we are planning to do exactly that. See you there!
About the Host:
A Thailand native, Chef Orawin Greene first cut her teeth in the hospitality business before cooking under top chefs at restaurants across San Francisco. She opened Thaihey's brick-and-mortar location in November 2021.
Course #1 will be served family-style. Courses #2 - 5 will be individually-plated.
purple flower dumpling with ground pork, peanut, chili | ground pork and crawfish dumpling with pineapple
Sang Wah Gulf Shrimp
traditional thai herb salad, gulf shrimp
coconut milk soup with chicken roulade, lion mane mushrooms
Kanom Jeen Sao Nam
vermicelli noodles with coconut milk, red snapper, pineapple
sticky rice dessert with japanese pumpkin, purple yams
308 Decatur St
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians and those with allium and shellfish allergies. However, those who are allergic to just crustaceans (i.e. lobster, crab, shrimp) can be accommodated. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.