5-Course Avant-Asian American Tasting Event
Opened in 2022 in the trendy Line Hotel in the Mid-Market neighborhood, this inventive eatery that joins traditional Asian flavors with New American cuisine was named to Time Out’s “Best Restaurants of 2023” List and Eater’s List of “Destination-Worthy Restaurants.” Executive Chef Joe Hou grew up in New Jersey but ate often in NYC’s Chinatown and on his summer trips to see family in Taiwan. After graduating from Rutgers with a degree in history, he decided to dedicate himself to cooking. He graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education and ultimately left the East Coast for San Francisco, where he cooked at Michelin-Starred Angler and then Bird Dog and Le Fantastique. At Tenderheart, he is turning out one-of-a-kind dishes like brussels sprouts with smoked fish sauce, malt vinegar, and hazelnuts, salt & pepper cauliflower with cashew cream and pickled jalapeños, sea bass with tom yum and Thai basil, and wagyu steak frites. “A great restaurant,” raves Robb Report, while Time Out says, “Dining at this sleek yet warm restaurant is an experience you won't soon forget.” Naturally, we’re primed to visit!
About the Host:
Hailing from NJ, Chef Jou Hou graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education. After working at multiple NYC fine dining restaurants, including NoMad, The Modern, and Per Se, he moved to SF to join the Michelin-Starred Angler, Bird Dog, and Le Fantastique teams. He now serves as Executive Chef at Tenderheart.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Salade Asian American
iceberg lettuce, green goddess dressing, crispy garlic furikake
Salt & Pepper Cauliflower
cashew crème, pickled jalapeño
Braised Black Cod
mushroom dashi, prosciutto XO sauce
smoked butter, fermented gochujang chinese broccoli
poached asian pear, citrus
970 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, valet parking is available at a flat rate of $69 plus tax. They are however easily accessible by ride share - please use 33 Turk St as your drop off if participating. There is also easy access to BART and MUNI, with the closest station being Powell St.