Day 2: 5-Course Playful Peruvian Tasting Series
A fixture of the River North restaurant scene since 2013, this outstanding Peruvian eatery is hardly resting on its laurels. Indeed, in the last two years, it has landed on Eater’s “Best Restaurants in River North” List and Infatuation’s “21 Best Rooftop Restaurants” List. Executive Chef Roberto Rocha grew up in and around his parents’ restaurant in Peru, homeland to one the world’s greatest cuisines, with cultural influences from China, Spain, Japan, Italy, and Africa. After graduating college with a degree in graphic design, Chef Rocha honed his craft cooking on Florida’s Marco Island before joining the Tanta family. Here, he draws on that graphic artist background to bring a colorful flair to familiar dishes like ceviches, arepas, and empanadas, but also surprises his diners with specialties that derive from chifa (Peruvian-Chinese) and nikkei (Peruvian-Japanese) cookery. Infatuation raves, “The food is stunning with rainbow colors plated artistically over earthy dishware.” Sounds to our ears like a real getaway!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Peru, Chef Roberto Rocha cut his teeth in kitchens across Marco Island off the coast of Florida before joining the Tanta family in Chicago. A cook from a young age, he enjoys combining Peruvian traditions and modern gastronomy.
All courses will be individually plated.
passionfruit leche de tigre, chalaquita, salmon, choclo, micro cilantro
artichoke, asparagus, beet salad, avocado, tomato, pesto causa, olive sauce
Empanada de Carne
brisket, raisin, onion, huacatay sauce
Tallarín Saltado Pollo
linguini pasta, ginger & sesame oil, chicken, onion, bell pepper, tomato
vanilla sponge cake, strawberry, whipped cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be unable to accommodate requests for separate tables. Additionally, all food will be served individually plated rather than family style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
118 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60654
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, they offer valet parking at a flat rate of $20 per car.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will only be able to accommodate those with vegetarian restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.