6-Course Contemporary Chinese Dinner Series
Tansuo means “to explore” in Cantonese, and that’s exactly what you will want to do when you visit celebrity chef Maneet Chauhan’s spectacular restaurant. Situated in the North Gulch between her popular Chauhan Ale & Masala House and her über-diner The Mockingbird, Tansuo provides a memorable setting for enjoying inventive Chinese and Chinese-American cuisine. Whether it’s lamb dumplings off the dim sum cart or classics like General Tso's chicken or Peking duck, you will soon understand why Thrillist named Tansuo one of the best new restaurants in Nashville in 2017. Chef de Cuisine Travis Sparks, a graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York, dives deep into Chinese influences and comes up with one winner after another, from shrimp-stuffed eggplant to Hong Kong-style cumin short ribs, Zheng Shu snapper, and crispy togarashi potatoes. “Tansuo is a visual feast that carries through to the food,” lauds the Tennesseean. Chef Sparks will be on hand when we visit Tansuo to take your questions and share his own journey of discovery around the glories of Chinese cooking.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
A graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York, Travis explored the Alsace region of France to research and perfect his skills as a classically trained chef. After working with James Beard award-winning chefs and Michelin Star restaurants in New York City, he moved to Music City in 2015, first becoming the executive chef of Deacon’s New South, then joining Morph Hospitality Group and Tansuo as Chef de Cuisine in 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Duo of Dumplings
pork dumplings with black vinegar, chili, oil and sichuan peppercorns | hot chicken potstickers with thai bird chilies, ginger, scallion, guilin chili oil
Chopped Napa Cabbage
with mandarin oranges, fried wontons, and sesame dressing
with water chestnuts and garlic sauce
Mapo Tofu Poutine
with sichuan peppercorns, green onions, and chili pepper
with fresno chilies, broccoli, and cilantro
White Chocolate Cake
with passion fruit caramel and five-spice mousse
121B 12th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37203
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.