Day 2: 5-Course Revisiting Peruvian Roots Tasting Series
Opened in March of 2020, this rustic, cozy eatery in Chelsea has been gathering accolades ever since. Boston Globe named Tambo 22 to its 2022 List of the “Best in Boston” while Boston Magazine gave Tambo a place of honor on its “50 Best in Boston” List of 2021. Chef/Owner Jose Duarte has, along with wife Anna, given the Greater Boston area two of its signature restaurants, Taranta in the North End and Trattoria San Pietro in Norwell. At Tambo 22, Chef Duarte celebrates one of the world’s great cuisines with superb renditions of Peruvian classics, like trucha a la parilla (saffron butter grilled trout with escarole), aji de gallina en tazon (slow-cooked pulled chicken with creamy Peruvian pepper sauce), and lomito de chancho anticuchero (grilled pork tenderloin with aji Amarillo risotto). Leave room for the churros and ricotta pie, as well. “It’s not just a restaurant,” says Boston Globe. “It’s a portal to the Andes.” See you there!
About the Host:
Born in Peru and raised in Venezuela, Chef Jose Duarte is best known for his Peruvian-Italian restaurant Taranta, which graced Boston’s North End for over 20 years. In 2020, he opened Tambo 22. He is also known for his extensive work in the community and sustainability efforts.
All courses will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
aji amarillo, cancha corn
Anticucho de Carne
panca marinated hanger steak, potato, choclo, uchucuta sauce
halibut stew with yuca, red onion, spicy broth
Chicharrón de Chancho
crispy pork belly with canario bean tacu tacu, criolla salad
Alfajores con Manjar Blanc
peruvian shortbread sandwich cookies with manjar blanco
22 Adams St
Chelsea, MA 02150
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or allium allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.