Day 2: 5-Course PNW-Infused Japanese Tasting Series
Opened a shade over two years ago in northwest Portland, this one-of-a-kind eatery was brought into the world by Snow Peak, a Japanese outdoor lifestyle firm, and serves a Japanese-inspired cuisine by way of the Pacific Northwest. Centered around seasonal cooking of local ingredients on a wood-burning hearth, Takibi, in fact, translates to something like "bonfire" - a place to gather for warmth and light, food and drink, connection and community. Matyas Urban, the chef de cuisine at Takibi, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Florida, where he gained a solid foundation and developed a keen interest in cuisines from around the world. At Takibi, in a stunning modern setting, he is serving up dishes like charcoal grilled black cod with chickpea miso, kakuni with pork belly and soft boiled egg, and an ever-changing sashimi menu featuring fish flown in from Japan twice weekly. Takibi is such a great experience that Esquire named to its 2022 List of “Top 25 in the U.S.” We can’t wait!
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Chef Matyas Urban graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Florida, where he gained a solid foundation and developed a keen interest in cuisines from around the world. Over his 12-year career, he has cooked in Florida, Colorado, and now Oregon, with culinary experience ranging from French and Italian cuisines, to Vietnamese and Latin American.
Courses #1, #3, and #5 will be served individually plated. Courses #2 and #4 will be served family style.
cured mackerel rice, wasabi, shiso, kelp, tofu, house pickle in rice bran
Chef's Choice Sashimi
albacore warayaki, kanpachi, sea bream
Tempura & Sunomono Salad
tomato, cucumber, wakame
Beef Cheek Misoni
daikon, rice, shaved cabbage
Wara Ice Cream Sandwich
2275 NW Flanders St
Portland, OR 97210
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, limited parking is available in their private lot (please obey all posted signs), in addition to general street parking.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, soy, vegetarian, pescatarian, raw fish, or nuts/seeds restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.