5-Course Elevated Thai Tasting Event
As soon as it opened in 2012, this modern Thai eatery in West Lake Hills landed on Bon Appetit’s “50 Best New Restaurants in America” List. A decade later, it is still reaping accolades, winning places on such Lists as Time Out’s “Best Thai in ATX” and Austin Chronicle’s ”10 Best Restaurants of 2022.” (Not to mention Eater’s “17 Austin Restaurants With Great Views,” citing its vistas of West Lake and Downtown.) Executive Chef Randy Magallanez is turning out one of the most inventive Thai menus you’re likely to encounter. How about pad kweito with wild rice noodles? Jungle curry with Texas wagyu beef, red chili, baby corn, eggplant, and coconut cream? Blue crab fried rice with egg, lemongrass, ginger, peas, scallion, cilantro, and Thai basil? Or the son-in-law, which is a crispy farm egg and braised pork shoulder with a thick soy and chili vinegar? Thrillist lauds the “chic space, with refined versions of traditional Thai dishes and kicked-up, more eccentric dishes.” Sounds like Sway is checking all of our boxes, so we are very much looking forward to our visit here!
About the Host:
Raised in Southern California and West Texas, Chef Randy Magallanez started his culinary career as a teenager and has steadily worked ever since. After operating his own food truck and stints in Austin-area kitchens such as The Rotten Bunch Wine Bar & Kitchen, he now serves as Executive Chef at Sway.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
Short Rib "Thaimale"
taro root & beef tallow masa, hatch chili, texas pecan panang curry, charred shallot
(Miso Palo) Soup & (Mushroom) Salad
black cardamom, caramelized soy, pork belly, boiled egg, scallion | shaved chestnut mushroom, salted radish, mizuna, lime vinaigrette, cashew
Salt Baked Fish
creosote, fish stock, shaved vegetables, herb oil
Birria Khauk Mont
rice flour crepe, brisket birria, guajillo & coriander consommé, basil, shallot
tamarind & pineapple, condensed milk, chili salt
3437 Bee Caves Rd
West Lake Hills, TX 78746
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.