Day 2: 5-Course Playful Omakase Tasting Series
Opened in 2022, this Lincoln Park eatery was named by both Eater and Infatuation to their 2023 Lists of “Best Sushi in Chicago” and “Best in Lincoln Park.” For more than two decades at a number of restaurants, including the ever-popular Toro Sushi, Chef Mitch Kim has gained a large and loyal following. And now the Chicago Reader has named Sushi Hall the third best sushi restaurant in town! Not too shabby for a city with more than 7,300 dining establishments. The menu is too fulsome to pull out specifics, but the mantra here is fresh…fresh…fresh. And it’s all served up in sleek space of exposed brick walls, neat blue and yellow subway tile, and an enormous wall mural of a fish skeleton inspired by a tattoo on our host’s forearm. Be prepared as well for your close-up with Chef Kim, a force of nature. As Infatuation says, “The chef will make you feel like you’ve been a regular for years. He’ll come out into the dining room, checking in and fist bumping with customers.” We’re ready!
About the Host:
The culinary force behind Toro Sushi, Chef Mitch Kim opened Sushi Hall in 2022. He has been a local Chicago legend for over two decades.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be served individually plated.
While You Wait ...
hamachi, chef's crispy rice
Chef's Choice Trio
gyoza | ginger salad roll | spicy jalapeño-tuna
Chef's Classic Nigiri & Sashimi
sake, maguro, unagi nigiri | sake, maguro, hamachi sashimi
Chef Mitch's Signature Rolls
the in & out with tuna, salmon, yellowtail, escolar, tilapia, crab | the moulton with tuna, yellowtail, wasabi tobiko, jalapeño, cilantro, cucumber, avocado | the crazy with tuna, salmon, yellowtail, mango | the spicy tako with octopus, kani
A Sweet Finish
miso peanut-butter chocolate chip cookie, vanilla ice cream
2630 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60614
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with vegetarian, pescatarian, or raw fish restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.