Day 2: 5-Course Edo-Inspired Omakase Tasting Series
"Sushi worth getting crazy for" is how the New York Times describes the fare at this East Village institution, now nearing a decade old. "Dojo" means a place to study and train, and the name Sushi Dojo underlies the restaurant's philosophy, which is all about breaking down the boundaries between the sushi chefs and the clientele in the interest of promoting education and enlightenment about Japanese culture. For our visit, the sushi will be prepared by four chefs who together have over a half-century of restaurant experience between them: Ramiro Oscal, born in Guatemala; Tony Park, born in Seoul; Tokyo-born Hideo Aoyagi; and Ashra Shrestha, born in Nepal. Small wonder that they are turning out dinners that have earned them a spot on Thrillist's "Best NYC Sushi" list, Bloomberg's "13 Top Omakase Meals in Manhattan" 2022 list, and the #20 spot on The Daily Meal's list of the 35 best sushi restaurants in America. We're excited to visit here and learn more from the chefs about this food we dearly love.
About the Host:
An experienced NYC restauranteur, Boris Lidukhover hails from Western Ukraine and immigrated to the US in 1992. He opened Sushi Dojo in 2013, and there leads a team of sushi chefs highly trained in the art of omakase dining. He is also the owner of Lashevet.
All courses will be individually plated.
Bakkafrost Salmon Tataki
seared bakkafrost salmon
Japanese Ceviche Trio
wild striped bass, fluke, red snapper
chef's choice of raw fish, sushi rice
Chef's Choice Handroll
raw fish, sushi rice, nori
110 1st Ave.
New York, NY 10009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians or fish-specific restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.