Super Mega Bien
DAY 2: 6-Course Contemporary Pan-Latin Dinner Series
Did you know that 250 restaurants opened last year in Denver? And that Westword named only one of them, Super Mega Bien, the city’s “Best New Restaurant of 2019?” This terrific eatery in RiNo’s Ramble Hotel is the newest creation of Chef Dana Rodriguez, owner of the popular Work and Class and thrice-nominated for the James Beard Award for Best Chef, Southwest. Super Mega Bien is built on a clever concept: as in a dim sum restaurant, diners point to any dish on a rolling cart that they wish to try. The food is Pan-Latin, showing influences from Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, and Peru in dishes like lamb mixiote and pork pibil, but the dim sum concept is not in name only, as some dishes combine Latin-American and Asian flavors, like Peking-roasted and honey-glazed duck with escabeche and gorditas. “Asian food and Mexican food have a lot of things in common,” says Chef Rodriguez. “Even though our cultures are different, we wanted to put something together that can glue all of those ideas.” For our event, we will be taking over Super Mega Bien, which 5280 named to its list of “Best Restaurants 2019,” and Chef Rodriguez will be on hand to entertain your questions and discuss her innovative approach to food.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A native of Chihuahua, Mexico, Chef Dana Rodriguez cut her teeth several of Denver’s most acclaimed eateries – Panzano and Tamayo before striking out on her own in 2013 with her first restaurant, Work & Class. She followed it up with Super Mega Bien in 2018. She’s a 4-time James Beard nominee and is currently a finalist for this year’s “Best Chef: Mountain” Award. Fingers crossed she wins it!
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Dim Sum Appetizers
shrimp ceviche, habanero-citrus sauce, avocado sauce, pico de gallo, and tortilla chips
Spicy Pork Wings
with korean chili sauce and fresh herbs
Roasted Poblano and Mozzarella Pupusas
with avocado sauce and micro salad
Roasted Beet and Spinach Salad
with lemon crema, spicy pumpkin seeds, and ginger pickled tart cherries
Braised Colorado Lamb
with cactus radish salad and house made corn tortillas
with caramel sauce
Super Mega Bien
1260 25th St
Denver, CO 80205
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.