5-Course Borderless Baja-Inspired Tasting Event
Stephen Sandoval, Executive Chef/Owner of this new (April 2022) eatery, has a blue-chip pedigree, having been a chef at Michelin-starred and James Beard Award-winning restaurants like State Bird Provisions in San Francisco and Rick Bayless’ Leña Brava, where he served as Chef de Cuisine. Raised in San Diego with Mexican, Cajun, and Spanish roots, he often found dishes like tamales and gumbo on his family’s dining room table. Drawing on his heritage, his travels around the globe, and his training at the French Culinary Institute, where he was the winner of the Culinary Creativity Award, he is a leading proponent of a new-age style of cooking that emerged in Baja Mexico, which emphasized freedom and the integration of diverse cultural and personal influences. Beginning its life as a pop-up inside of SoHo House Chicago, Sueños is turning out fresh, inventive food that has been recognized by Eater, which named it to its list of “Chicago’s Best Restaurant and Pop-Ups” List. We are eager to sample Chef Sandoval’s culinary creations and to hear about his journey through the world of food… and the world at large.
About the Host:
Hailing from San Diego, Chef Stephen Sandoval studied at the French Culinary Institute, where he won the Culinary Creativity Award in 2011. He was a chef at Michelin-Starred and James Beard Awarded restaurants like State Bird Provisions and Leña Brava before beginning his pop-up Sueños in 2022.
All courses will be individually plated.
Yellowfin Tuna Tostada
salsa macha, ancho crema, avocado
yellowtail with coconut, hibiscus, avocado, habanero, mint
diosa verde, cilantro chimichurri, butterball potatoes
Fire Roasted Goat
mole coloradito, heirloom tortillas
vanilla cremeux, blue masa streusel, basil
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
113-125 N Green St
Chicago, IL 60607
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.