DAY 3: 6-Course Nouveau Turkish Dinner Series
Opened this past May, Stina, in the Newbold neighborhood, highlights Executive Chef/Co-Owner Bobby Saritsoglou’s Greek heritage with amazing borek, chicken kebabs rubbed with walnut dukka, chicken shawarma, superb Turkish lamb dumplings known as manti, and what Craig LaBan in the Philadelphia Inquirer calls “the best octopus dish in town.” Everything is done with the flair and care one might expect from a chef who has cooked at top eateries like Opa, Will BYOB, and Santucci’s. You’ll love the quirky environment, curated by Chef Saritsoglou’s wife Christina (hence the name: Stina), with walls hung with old photos, preserved butterflies, tambourines, parts of old doors, and more. Stina also has a strong philanthropic streak, with a portion of its proceeds every month going to local charities. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Saristoglou will be in and out of the kitchen, answering your questions and sharing his food philosophy.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Saritsoglou has worked in the restaurant industry for over 20 years, honing his craft at Philadelphia institutions including Opa and Will BYOB. Taking inspiration from both the foods of the Mediterranean and his own Greek heritage, he opened Stina with his wife Christina in May 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
hot pepper dip with za'atar pita
with pomegranate molasses, asian pear, and crispy shallots
spinach pie with leeks and barrel-aged feta
with romesco sauce, black garlic, and sea beans
Short Rib Tagine
with baharat spice, smoked cipollini onions, and couscous
Pomegranate Poached Pear
with date and walnut baklava and rosewater mousse
1705 Snyder Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.