Forget about all your other holiday parties. The holiday party of all holiday parties has arrived! We're thrilled to be teaming up with your top-rated TC event host of '19, SSAL, for this year's Christmakwanzakkah Party. Executive Chef Junsoo Bae totally blew attendees away at our first collaboration together back in July. So, when we were considering options for this year's holiday party, SSAL was at the top of the list. In the spirit of the holidays, the format for this event series will be different than our typical event format - passed hors d'oeuvres cocktail party to start before moving into moving into the seated portion of the party. The evening will kick off with a plethora of Chef Bae's favorite canapés as you drink and mingle. Then, we'll take our seats for a large-format feast. Of course, we'll wrap up the night with a chef Q&A during dessert. For those of you who weren't able to attend our first event at SSAL, you can read up on Chef Bae's SUPER impressive background below. It speaks for itself!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A native of South Korea, Chef Bae attended NYC's Culinary Institute of America before taking on positions at some of the city's most celebrated kitchens, including Blue Hill at Stone Barns and Gramercy Tavern, where he honed his craft for over 6 years. A competitor in the prestigious Bocuse d'Or culinary competition, Bae also worked under Rene Redzepi at Noma before settling in San Francisco and opening SSAL in April 2019.
Some items be served as passed canapés, some will be served family-style, and some will be individually plated.
Seaweed and Kabocha Squash
with sweet potato chips
with aged persimmon vinaigrette
Duck Liver Mousse
with grilled sourdough and yuza glaze
with bonne bouche, sherry, and sunflower seed
Fried Perilla Leaves
with shrimp and chives
with asian pear and pickled mustard seed
Buffalo Milk Burrata
with roasted squash, grapes, and fried sage
Hen of the Woods
with red bell pepper and burdock
with pork ragu and parmesan
Grilled Beef Short Ribs
Ssam Sauce, Pickled Moo Radish
Jeju Matcha Cream Roll Cake
Injeolmi Cream Puffs
2226 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, adjustments will only be made for the main courses (no replacement canapes will be provided), and the chef has let us know that he will not be able to accommodate attendees with gluten or soy allergies. However, there will be SO MANY dishes served, that guests with allergies/restrictions (other than soy or gluten) will get to enjoy more than enough food to feel good and full! Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.