5-Course Ode To Liguria Tasting Event
A San Francisco mainstay since 2007, Sotto Mare Oysteria & Seafood Restaurant has been showered with accolades. Perhaps too many to list, but let us mention Eater's "38 Essential SF Restaurants of 2022," Infatuation's “22 Best Seafood Restaurants of 2022," and USA Today's "10 Best in SF" of 2022. Chef/Owner Rich Azzolino, born and raised in North End's "Little Italy," set out to create a place where friends, neighbors, and worldwide visitors can indulge in the freshest seafood, good wine, laughter, and great stories shared. Here, you'll find Italian food that is as fresh and authentic as it gets, with exaggerated versions of such classic dishes as risotto with seafood, calamari saute, linguini with clams, lobster ravioli, and their celebrated "Best Damn Crab Cioppino." The ambiance is a trip too, with tickets flying across the restaurant on a clothesline, photos of past guests and city scenes, and life-sized swordfish and other maritime memorabilia decorating every square inch. All of this explains why Infatuation says, "[Sotto Mare] feels like a party we want to be invited back to, again and again."
About the Host:
Born and raised in North Beach, Chef Rich Azzolino worked in restaurants across San Francisco (including Caesar’s, Jovanello’s, Maye’s Oyster House, and the California Culinary Academy) before joining the Sotto Mare team under its previous owners. He and his family took over the restaurant in 2014.
Courses #1, #3, and #4 will be served family-style. Courses #2 and #5 will be individually-plated.
Oysters on the Half Shell
dried salted cod, marinated octopus
Bay Shrimp Salad
iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, house louie dressing
linguine with marinara sauce, selected seafood | fettuccine with smoked salmon, cream sauce | lobster ravioli with pink sauce
"Best Damn" Cioppino
fish stew with dungeness crabs, prawns, scallops, calamari, clams, mussels
ricotta cheese, powdered sugar
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Courses #1, #3, and #4 will be served family-style. Courses #2 and #5 will be individually-plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
552 Green St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with garlic or seafood restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.