Sitka & Spruce
DAY 2: 6-Course Farm to Forest Dinner Series
This highly esteemed First Hill eatery is noted for a creative menu that focuses on Pacific Northwest delicacies and the freshest local ingredients. Here, you might find a dish like Olsen Farms’ pork sausage and belly with fingerling potatoes and braised sauerkraut. Or how about potato gnocchi with braised beef, heirloom carrots, bread crumbs, and aged cheese? Executive Chef Daniel Conkling, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, was trained at NYC's Daniel, one of the most haute restaurants in the world. Lured to Seattle by the natural bounty he would find there, he scours the markets and makes collaborative connections with local purveyors to turn out innovative food that still manages to be comforting. That’s why Time Out, in 2018, named Sitka and Spruce to its list of “the 20 Best Seattle restaurants for all types of food lovers,” while the Seattle Times hailed it as a “food-fetishist’s wonderland of warmth and good cheer.” We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Conkling will be in and out of the kitchen to take questions and discuss his food passions…including foraging!
About the Host:
After graduating from Culinary Institute of America in New York, he spent several years honing his craft at the legendary NYC institution, Daniel. He then spent a year on a culinary expedition through Italy and France, before returning to Brooklyn to lead the kitchen at the acclaimed Battersby. Upon relocating to Seattle, he took the reins at Sitka & Spruce in June 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Assortment of Vegetables
grilled local vegetables, tonnato | roasted golden beets, chow chow, peaches, watercress
Pâté en Croûte
with pickled green walnuts
with tomato chili butter
with sausage, kale, and fermented poblano veloute
Smoked Chicken Roulade
with spot prawn bisque, celery root, and wild mushrooms
with meringue, whipped cream, pastry cream, and huckleberries
Sitka & Spruce
1531 Melrose Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.