6-Course Nouveau Southern Dinner Event
One of the first seasonally-focused restaurants to open in historic Germantown, Silo, born in 2012, is known for its bold take on modern southern recipes. Here, you can expect to find comfort foods with interesting twists, from buttermilk cheddar mac ‘n cheese with bacon jam to pork chops with Chinese black bean glaze to seared catfish with coconut/lime curry. Co-executive chefs Murphy Vaughan, a native of Meridian, Mississippi, and Chris Bowater, from Jacksonville, claim southern cooking as their birthright and have mastered their culinary arts right under Silo’s roof, learning the ropes from former head chef Alex Grainger. A nod must be given as well to Silo’s exceptional interior design. In the central dining room, a cylinder of gracefully woven birch planks rises above the ceiling, giving diners the impression of looking up into a…silo, of course. “Silo is off to an impressive start in a gorgeous setting,” said Nashville Scene back in 2012…and it’s only gotten better. We will be taking over the restaurant for our event, and Chefs Vaughan and Bowater will share their stories and secrets.
About the Hosts:
A Jacksonville Beach native, Chef Bowater cut his teeth under SILO's Chef Alex Grainger, before taking the restaurant's reins alongside Chef Murphy Vaughn as Co-Executive Chef in 2018.
A native of Meridian, Mississippi, Chef Vaughn learned to cook from his mother and grandmother. After a brief foray as a musician, Vaughn decided to pursue his passion for cooking, working his way up from line cook to Co-Executive Chef of SILO in 2018.
Each course will individually plated.
with pickled watermelon rind, jalapeño, and cuke
with spring mix, fava beans, asparagus, radish, almonds, and herb-citrus vinaigrette
prepared two ways
Smoked Boudin Sausage
with johnnycakes, black-eyed pea chow chow, mustard remoulade, and caramelized onions
with succotash, crawfish sauce piquante, and scallion
Pot de Creme
with salted caramel sauce and caramel-bacon popcorn
1121 5th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208
Nashville, TN 37208
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.