5-Course Glory of the Gulf Tasting Event
Opened in May 2021, this Leonidas eatery reimagines neighborhood fish joints in such a vibrant way that it promptly won a spot on Bon Appetit’s “50 Best New Restaurants in America” list of 2022. (Let us point out as well that it made both Eater and Thrillist’s 2022 lists of “Best Restaurants in NOLA.”) Chef/Owner Marcus Jacobs has a deep history in the food world, having worked at the fabled Zuni Café in San Francisco, lived in that city’s storied Chinatown, worked in Japan, and then cementing his reputation in New Orleans, where he became executive sous chef at Herbsaint. In 2016, his life and business partner Caitlin Carney opened the popular Marjie’s Grill and, building on that success, came out with Seafood Sally’s. Radiating a shabby chic beach vibe, Seafood Sally’s menu is all your old favorites from Davy Jones’ Locker—shrimp, crab, oysters every which way, wild-caught catfish—plus yummy sides like fried pickles and honey-buttered cornbread. “Our new favorite place to celebrate the Gulf’s ample bounty,” raves Bon Appetit, so we are mega-excited about visiting here!
About the Host:
An Ohio native, Chef Marcus Jacobs honed his craft at Alana’s Food and Wine before cooking at Zuni Cafe (under James Beard Award-winning Chef Judy Rodgers), restaurants across Japan, and Herbsaint (under James Beard Award-winning Chef Donald Link). He opened Marjie’s Grill in 2016 with his life and business partner, Caitlin Carney. Seafood Sally’s is their second restaurant. In 2022, he was named a StarChefs "Rising Star" Restauranteur Winner.
All courses will be individually plated.
Texas Wagyu Tartare Surf 'N Turf
tri-tip beef, shallots, chilis, grated mullet roe, crab fat toasted dong phuong
Louisiana Seafood & Collard Green Gumbo
crab, oysters, shrimp, rice, scallions
Coal Roasted Beets
honey pecan vinaigrette, crispy bread, mississippi feta, mint
Wood Roasted Wild Caught Fish
lemongrass chili butter, honey butter cornbread, market vegetable thai-style salad
Strawberry Cornmeal Cake
heirloom cornflour, ponchatoula strawberries, whipped cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Additionally, all food will be served individually plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
8400 Oak St
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with shellfish allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.