5-Course Seasonally Driven Dinner Event
Savoir was born in 2019, rising up out of the ashes of an old abandoned warehouse in the heart of Houston Heights. And what a transformation it was, as that derelict building became the height of trendy, industrial chic with a touch of French farmhouse thrown in. There's much more to this eatery than beautiful design though, as Executive Chef Eric Johnson has over 20 years of experience in top restaurant kitchens throughout Portland, Austin, and Houston. At Savoir, he draws upon classic French techniques, his love of Italian fare, and a healthy dose of Southern inspiration to create food that both Houstonia and CultureMap are raving about. Houstonia’s food critic, Timothy Malcolm, selected it to his prestigious "Favorite Restaurants" List ('19), and CultureMap HTX named it to their annual list of Houston's "12 Best New Restaurants" ('19). The menu is elegant and deeply reassuring, with old favorites like duck risotto, rainbow trout almondine, and porcini rigatoni. Make sure to leave room for dessert too, because Chef Johnson’s signature after-dinner treats include fig and chocolate bread pudding, huckleberry shortcake, and cronuts with Nutella and bananas foster filling.
About the Host:
Chef Johnson's culinary career has spanned over 20 years, working in Portland, Austin, and finally Houston. Before securing the Executive Chef position at Savoir, he previously honed his craft at acclaimed Houston restaurants, including BB Butcher and Emmaline.
Each course will be plated individually.
with fried sage, fried enoki mushrooms, parsley salad, and truffle maple vin
Fig & Prosciutto "Carpaccio"
with thyme-crispy parsnips-currant granola
Scallops & Succotash
with sage, corn, sweet potato fondue, brown butter and lemon sauce, and microgreens
Teres Major Sliced Steak
with pipian roja sauce, roasted acorn squash, baby bok choy, grilled green onion, and poached breakfast radish
with house-whipped cream and micro basil
1344 Yale St
Houston, TX 77008
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, or the CLEAR Health Pass App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.