Salt & Time
DAY 2: 6-Course Butcher's Bounty Dinner Series
Ben Runkle and Bryan Butler opened Salt & Time in February 2013, creating Austin’s first Butcher Shop with a focus on local sourcing and whole animal butchery. The restaurant at Salt & Time grew organically over its first year to become a popular neighborhood joint and a destination for food lovers from throughout Texas and beyond. The menu features house-made charcuterie, dry aged steaks and a craveable burger named one of America’s Essential Burgers by Eater.com. Ben is the Luck Family Chef, curating culinary programming at Willie Nelson's Luck Reunion as well as an active participant with nonprofits such as Urban Roots, the March of Dimes and Farm Aid. Bryan was named the Best Butcher in Texas by the Texas Beef Council and is a founding member of the US Team at the World Butchers’ Challenge, competing in Ireland in 2018 and hosting and competing in Sacramento in 2020. He is a leader in education in the craft of Butchering, leading classes and training session in Austin and throughout the country.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Originally from Chicago, Ben Runkle apprenticed at celebrated San Francisco butchershops Avedano’s Meats and the Fatted Calf before moving to Austin in 2009. Partnering with Butcher Bryan Butler, Chef Runkle opened Salt & Time in 2009, earning a StarChefs Rising Star Chef Award for his accomplishments in 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Menu coming soon. Stay tuned!
Salt & Time
1912 E 7th St
Austin, TX 78702
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.