6-Course Modern American Dinner Series
Attention all Deadheads! Did you know there’s a corking good new restaurant in Germantown named for a Grateful Dead song? That’s right—and why? Well, according to what Executive Chef RJ Cooper has to say about the Dead, “They’re story tellers, and that’s what restaurants and food should be. It’s about telling a story.” Saint Stephen’s story is that it creatively mixes modern gastronomic cuisine with late-night bar fare in a funky environment that connotes laidback cool. Chef Cooper, who earned a James Beard Award as Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic while working at D.C.’s Vidalia, is a firm believer in using only the freshest ingredients to create dishes inspired by his years of cross country adventures. From soft-boiled hen’s eggs with anchovies to beet and goat cheese agnolotti to chicken schnitzel to some serious mac ‘n cheese, there is something for everyone at Saint Stephen. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Cooper will be on hand to answer your questions and share his food philosophy and insights.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A Detroit native and graduate of Kendall College, Chef Cooper has worked in such East Coast institutions as NYC's Le Bernadin, Chicago's Spiaggia and DC's Vidalia, where he earned a James Beard Award for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic. He made his Nashville restaurant debut in 2017 with Henley. He opened Saint Stephen in March 2019.
Some courses will be served family-style while others, including dessert, will be plated individually.
with chanterelle cream and beef garum
with buttermilk, dill, puffs, and bottarga
roasted in fig leaf and served with umeboshi and seeds
Peanut Flour Rigatoni
with spicy duck sausage, cipollini onions, and sage
with wild ginger lacquer, mutsu apple butter, hinona kabu, and african blue basil
O&S Chocolate Terrine
with smoked cocoa nib, luxardo cherries, and pistachio crema
1300 3rd Ave N
Nashville, TN 37208
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.