5-Course Haute Creole Tasting Event
Opened in the fall of 2021, this outstanding French Quarter eatery from the folks who gave us the über-popular Gris-Gris was named to USA Today’s 2023 List of “10 Best in NOLA,” as well as New Orleans Magazine’s “Best Restaurants of 2023” List. Chef De Cuisine Daren Porretto, a New Orleans native who was recently featured in Star Chefs Magazine, is having a field day exploring the delights of ‘Haute Creole cuisine’ and reimaging traditional dishes in a modern and more elevated way. The menu reflects the melting pot of cultures—Italian, French, Spanish, African, German, Caribbean—that lent traditions, flavors, ingredients, and cooking styles to the city. Here, you will find hot shrimp remoulade, gumbo du jour (Bon Appetit said that Saint John had one of the “8 Best Bowls of Gumbo in the City”), chicken bon femme with mushrooms, pearl onions, and bacon lardons, brown butter seared scallops, baked macaroni pie, and so much more. We have to mention that Saint John also has some of the coolest art in a restaurant that we’ve ever seen. We are pumped to visit and look forward to seeing you there!
About the Host:
Chef De Cuisine
NOLA born and raised, Chef Daren Porretto previously cooked in the kitchens of Commander's Palace and SoBou before helping to open Saint John. He has been featured by StarChefs Magazine.
All courses will be individually plated.
Chicken & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
louisiana popcorn rice
Louisiana Citrus Salad
local citrus, toasted pistachio, confit duck, champagne vinaigrette
Brown Butter Seared Scallops
sweet potato purée, spiced pecan, chicory green salad
Creole Beef Daube
red wine, roasted trinity, garlic, dauphinoise potato
Pecan Pie Hand Pie
louisiana sugarcane glaze, vanilla bean ice cream
1117 Decatur St
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.