5-Course Creative Coastal Tasting Event
This seafood-focused restaurant, which was a staple of the Flatiron District for more than a decade until it closed, is now reopened and reimagined in a way that reflects the interests and experience of Executive Chef Phil Choy. Chef Choy grew up in a tough neighborhood in The Bronx. Right after high school, unsure of what he wanted to do with his life, he attended business school while cooking at local sushi restaurants. That’s when he realized business school wasn’t for him, and so he transferred to Johnson & Wales to pursue a degree in culinary arts. Upon graduation, he interned at Michelin-starred Dovetail, which turned into a full-time post. He then went to work at Daniel Boulud’s Boulud Sud on the Upper West Side, working his way up from line cook to sous chef. At Sagaponack, his menu includes such dishes as bay scallops in porcini broth, curry mussels with cashew crumble, risotto with shrimps, chorizo, and pickled chilis, and non-seafood items like hanger steak with Belgian endive, hazelnuts, and salsa verde and cavatelli with broccoli rabe and Italian sausage. In other words, something for everyone!
About the Host:
Born and raised in the Bronx, Chef Phil Choy studied the culinary arts at Johnson & Wales University. He cooked at Michelin-starred Dovetail, Boulud Sud, and Danny Meyer's Marta before coming to Sagaponack.
All courses will be individually plated.
flying fish roe, coconut, marcona almonds
bone marrow, gremolata
Egg Yolk Fettuccine
peekytoe crab, creme fraiche, siberian caviar
Seared Dayboat Scallop
farro risotto, butternut squash, chicken jus
Thai Milk Cake
mango, pecan, cinnamon
4 W 22nd St
New York, NY 10010
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to alliums or gluten. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.