6-Course Inventive Pan-Asian Dinner Event
We're absolutely thrilled to be returning to S.K.Y. for what will undoubtedly be another unforgettable collaboration! Why are we so excited, you ask? Well, for starters, our first collaboration back in August was THE top-rated Chicago event of 2018, as per post-event attendee ratings. Additionally, since our first event, the restaurant has unsurprisingly garnered a lot more acclaim including a selection on Eater's 38 Essential CHI Restaurants List and a glowing five-star review in Time Out. As a refresher, S.K.Y., which is named after Chef Gillanders' wife Seon Kyung Yuk, features Asian-inflected dishes which are so inventive that Time Out lauded the menu for its “…alchemy of meticulous skill, humor and heart.” We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Gillanders will be stepping out of the kitchen, as usual, to share stories and take your questions – he's quite the storyteller too!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Gillanders spent 10 years cooking for Jean-Georges Vongerichten, where he worked his way up from Sous Chef to Corporate Chef and was responsible for opening several of the famed chefs restaurants. Prior to opening S.K.Y., he cooked at Intro, Lettuce Entertain You's esteemed chef-in-residence pop-up concept, from Lettuce Entertain.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with garlic soy, sesame salt, and chili
with black truffle dip
with mushroom bulgogi and charred vegetables
Prime Beef Short Rib
with red wine, bacon, and crunchy polenta
Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
with sultana vinegar, blue cheese, and pecans
with seasonal accompaniments
1239 W 18th St
Chicago, IL 60608
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.